Saturday 16 July 2011

Brandy

This weeks blog is late and I humbly beg the forgiveness of my reader. However a number of non p-far related things have hornswoggled my attempt at writing this blog. 

This weeks class was a real smorgasbord of jobs. Like homer I couldn't stop at just one thing.

The most exciting part was we got our rims back! Just like Brandy they look fine but unlike Brandy they are powercoated from the finest powder from the north of Spain, not silver. 

Aaaand chillax. You'll note they have particularly fine moustache's as well. I wish I had seen this cover earlier so I could use them as templates for my handlebars.



 After carefully inspecting and admiring each others rims it was off to work. Today I was completing a part of the hub I mentioned in the now infamous Grinding blog post. I needed to drill the 60 holes in each to allow the spokes in. First marking the holes.

Then drilling the holes. I only broke 2 bits it was a PB!

Once drilled I got MFTF out to clean them up. 

Then my favourite bit creating 1BTKB7DH (1 better than Kevin Bacon 7 degrees hub)

This required precision engineering, a very precise 1 turn in the vice. 

 They were touched for the very first time.

BTW I've copyrited this look, yes I'm looking at you Lady Gaga.

Then it was time to face my mortal enemy the spoke ending thingy.

To continue my previous list what you are meant to do is a series of different steps from 4 onwards. Once you've knocked the end on the spoke we attach the following doohicky on then give a light tap.

And quicker than you can say 'Brandy you're a fine girl what a good wife you'd be' you have an initial on it.  

Whilst I was busy doing important work my friends were all standing around drinking tea 

In the spirit of friendship I offered to get the milk. 
I've been reliably informed that despite it's udder look this was not the place to get the milk for the tea from. I believe the life time ban on making tea was worth it, however the pitch forks and getting tied to the stake was a bit over the top.

Ps. My run of outsourcing has continued with Janine being conned into doing some drilling for me. (this was obviously before I got the 'milk' )
Pps. So far my nail is still attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment