Monday 16 May 2011

Grinding

Grinding

1. Also Known As Dirty Dancing. When a girl is rubbing her ass all over a guys 'tweed gentleman parts' until it comes to the point where he gets a woody
i was grinding with this girl with the biggest booty
2. A skateboarding move, where a part of the skateboard is slid off a rail or edge.
That rail's one of the best for grinding.
 3. Gaming reference. Repeatedly performing an action/event to attain an item. Most commonly used when referring to an RPG (Role Playing Game), i.e. World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, etc.
4. slangin crack for profit
i been on the grind for the last three days an pulled 1,200 dollars all profit
4. Showering yourself in sparks to try and get something to look like something else.

Guess which one I was doing on the weekend? That's right slangin crack.

Brett had given us a square piece of metal and asked for some reason that we cut it into a circle.. bla bla the hub needs to be round as the wheel is round.. bla bla.... square hub isn't the same.... bla bla symmetrical... As a kid I always wanted the round window to come up on Play School but having to grind this metal into a circle I've asked myself what the hell is wrong with the square window? 
Lucky for me accuracy in this job isn't essential as Brett will turn it on the metal lathe for it's final shape.

We went from this mostly harmless piece of metal

to this slightly cut apart version with a hacksaw

 But as traditional as having the feats of strength at festivus.

I stuffed it up as you can see from this more finished version
....one of these things does not look like the other.
My problems stem back to childhood which luckily is where I can also trace back my problems with my left round metal thing. You see I was drilling the second pilot hole when the drill moved ever so slightly making the precise hole about 1/2mm away from where I wanted it. I tried then to drill a bigger hole using a drill press improving but still compounding the problem as I expected. I then thought bugger it I'll let Brett my knight in shining armour sort out whether I have truly stuffed it or only partially stuffed it, just quietly I think there is enough meat (that's workshop slang for metal) for it to turn just fine (I hope). So I did.
Ps. this is your extra post this week. That's right you are getting a two for the price of one. 

2 comments:

  1. Although in the marvellously ironic way of the universe all our bodgy squarish circles will be cast into one pit and returned randomly to grateful recipients once perfected. Yea, even those who has ground and filed to perfection shall be returned disks the provenance of they know not.
    Thus are the plebeian hacksawers protected amongst the greater number…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for summarising my whole post more eloquently and succinctly than I. Yes that is exactly what I am betting on the power of anonymity.

    ReplyDelete