Monday 30 May 2011

Mmm bacon

Sorry Homer in this case we are talking about another type of bacon a Kevin Bacon
They said he'd never win.
He knew he had to.
If only he had a onesy.

There is a game called 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon where you can link any actor through no more than 6 connections. However being his doppelganger I feel somewhat closer. What! You don't believe me well here you go have another look at the poster
Now tonight's class we learnt about 7 degrees, which is one better than 6! In your face Kevin! Apparently it's not just the temperature you get the extra blanket out. It is the angle you need to drill the holes in the rim so they don't split as awkwardly as the bill on a second date. This should be a simple and easy thing to understand for any normal person but not me, oh no I had to be slower to catch on than flossing your cats teeth every night. Brett drew several diagrams an example below -
 Now I looked at three versions of this with comprehensive explanations and all I could think of was he must have gone to the Picasso school of art. Eventually I just said I understood so he could stop explaining for both our sakes.

Turns out it was a profile of the wheel the middle was an axle and the spokes went to the rim. Not side on like I thought. I worked that one out on the drive home. Yay me!

There is an extraordinarily scientific and precise way to do this. 

Yes as you'll note at Daryl's foot a block of wood that gives you a 1 better than Kevin Bacon 7 degrees holes or as I prefer 1BTKB7DH. 

I thought since it's been alluded to here by me in this blog (i really need to give myself a good talking too!) and by everyone in the class that I some how get other people to do my work for me. Now to dispel this myth I submit the following as evidence. That is me brazing my rear rim with my hot thing.
 That is me cutting some metal with a saw thingy.
The below was not staged, no matter what you may hear from the twelve witnesses, DNA and video evidence. This was me marking out the rim for the 1BTKB7DH. 
 
 This was using MFTF (my friend the file) to remove most of the excess brass from the brazing so it was smooth. From this...
 To this
All with a smile on my dial a song in my heart and a blog on my mind.
I hope this clears up any misunderstandings about certain posts about outsourcing.

In the interess of your comfort and safety this blog is 1BTKB7DH certified.

1 comment:

  1. "how get other people to do my work for me"
    Was going to comment but decided to delegate.......

    ReplyDelete