Tuesday 19 July 2011

Bend it like Aaron

Recently on Aaron's blog we've had folksy 70's music, gratuitous Fonzie references, GNMWC(Giant Naked Man With Club), Authentic Frontier Gibberish, more than one sensei and even a brief mention of building a p-far. 

In this weeks installment Aaron brother of Moses borrows his brothers staff to part the commentary on the lateness of last weeks post

And accidentally bent it
Boy you think he'd be a little more forgiving but Moses was all up in my business, he was all like-
'Oh bro WTF you done to my staff, I can't part no sea wit dat, I should go all old testament on your ass'.
Translation - Alas Aaron my Brother.

I tried to lighten the mood with my impersonation of Hur, that usually makes him laugh

But not today. I eventually talked him down but not without consequence 'We cool bro but you owe me, I need some frogs and a snake. I don't care how hard thousands of aquatic amphibians are to find in the desert, just do it'. You know Moses he's a hard man to say no to.

This was bending the backbone for the p-far using a pipe bender,
 it was really hard work as Janine can attest to


I have failed to mention i had a special guest sensei this week. Sensei Bender. 

And this is a whimsical Bender teaching

So much to learn from this Sensei. However I feel some of his messages do differ to my other Sensei's. Nevertheless whilst under his expert tutelage I bent the step to mount the p-far
I still need to cut it down and notch out the marks for grip.
Without this bit mounting a p-far is almost impossible.
Another bending related task this week was bending the ends of the spokes with another tool Brett made.

 Using a block of wood you scientifically bend up straight

Taa daa!

So once I got all my bending out of my system (and Sensei Bender was meditating with fembots) it was time for the creation of the hub.  Essentially putting together the hub flange (I bent) with the axle

This of course was not without injury I believe this was my penance for wronging my bro.

Brett with the flames of mordor

I always wondered where the term red hot came from. 


The master piece. 


So lets recap I bent a lot of things, I had to find amphibians in a desert, I spilled blood for wronging my bro and Sauron did a great job flaming my hub. All in all a great class I can't wait until next week.

Thanks Sensei Bender for your guidance


As thanks this one is for you Sensei Bender  'The humans are dead' by Flight of the Conchords,
Formerly New Zealands forth most popular folk parody duo.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are paying some royalties to my kiwi cousins.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete