Tuesday 11 October 2011

Wheel-tastic

Hello Chaps and Chapettes. Thanks for joining me for another post. This weeks class is our forth last. I'm slightly sad and nervous about getting close to the end. I guess this is exactly how Cuddles felt as he was heading into the second last stage in this years TdF.... or maybe not. Of course it wouldn't be a class without silly bike time. So here is the genuine woman with some old skool bike she found kicking around the workshop.
(has anyone else noticed when shenanigans are to be found in the class they seem to have a common source?)
In breaking news my close and personal friend (i once emailed him) bikesnobnyc has featured p-fars in his most recent post.

Speaking of timelessness, few cycling images are more enduring than the pennyfarthing, and for some reason over the last few days I've received numerous emails and "Tweets" alerting me to this image:

This is odd to me, since the image first appeared on this very blog way back in 2008. I'm not sure why everybody's forwarding it to me all of a sudden, though I was nevertheless pleased to see it, for it reminds me of the days when it seemed as though we were on the cusp of a p-far resurgence

Ah bikesnobnyc you were right p-fars are back. 

Tonight was a nice mostly revolving around getting the rubber onto the wheels again and a number of people were starting to cut their forks and start mounting the wheel to the front forks.


In case anyone was wondering if the rubber does start pulling apart you can use a strong glue (such as locktite) to hold it back together. On racing p-fars they don't use wire but a specially designed profile and glue. Isn't that interesting. Now the wheel is together we are fairly close to being able to put it all together. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment